It is always a safe option to use a strong password to enter Windows. This becomes essential even more when the computer is shared with multiple users or may be when you are not at home. You may often feel that it is easy to enter Windows 10 without entering a password. Well, it is possible, you can just remove password from your Windows 10 system by using the steps given below
Steps to remove password windows 1o
- Go to search box and found on the left bottom corner of your desktop and then type – netplwiz in search box. On pop menu that appears click on – “netplwiz”
- You will see a dialog box – User Accounts. Uncheck the box beside – “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and hit the button – OK
- To check if the operation is approved, you need to type in and confirm the password you are using. Type in – Password and then Confirm – Password and hit – Ok
- Restart your computer and then log in to Windows without entering a password.
In case you wish to enter to Windows with password just for a day then just reverse simple steps given above and check box besides “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
Remove Window 10 password from screensaver
Other place in Windows 10 where you are prompted for a password is when you leave your Windows idle for a long time and screensaver appears at this stage. When you are working say at workplace, it may work but when you are at home it can be annoying. Learn how to disable password from screensaver.
- Head to Settings and Accounts
- On left hand side you will find option – Sign in. You need to click on that.
- Below the option “Require sign-in to Never” alter the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your screen and click on the link – Lock Screen
- Select the settings for Screen saver link located on the right pane.
- Do not forget to check the box in front of “On resume, display log-on screen”
Now you can boot into your Windows 10 and then cancel screensaver easily without getting the alert to enter password.
Remove password Windows 10 using local account
Yet another method to remove passwords in your Windows 10 OS is by making use of local guest account.
- Head to Settings and then Accounts & Your Info
- Choose – Sign in with a local account rather than text link.
- Feed in the password you are using for your Microsoft account to get your identity verified.
- You will be able to view a page for – Switch to a local account. Here you can easily create username and password for local account. Leave the password field blank.
- Choose- Next to move to local account and then sign in with the new username and password.
The above methods can help you avoid the passwords while entering Windows 10.